Cleansing 101 and Methods
Crystals hold powerful and healing vibrations which you can use to help ease worries and anxiety, lower stress, bring luck and abundance, enhance love, provide light, stimulate chakras, enhance your intuition and more. When you use crystals and stones for healing, energy work and other purposes, the energies they possess can be drained and will start to weaken the elements that the crystal carries, which is why it is important to cleanse your crystals.
Below are are eight different ways that you can cleanse your crystals to ensure you get all of the powerful elements that your stone carries to provide you with a beautiful experience.
8 methods to cleanse your crystals
1. Smudging with smoke: Sage or Palo Santo smoke will cleanse any negative energies from your stones.
2. Placing on a Selenite charging plate: Selenite is also self-cleansing and does not need to be cleansed, it will always do all the magical work for you.
3. Running water: Good for most crystals, place in a water bowl for about 30 minutes to an hour and dry with a natural fiber cloth. (Note: Do NOT get Selenite wet, it is a soft mineral and will start to lose it’s formation over time.)
4. Salt and Soil: Placing in a bowl of pink sea salt or right into soil in the yard, you can leave your crystals for up to 4 hours or even longer.
5. Moon light: Placing your crystal(s) overnight under the full moon or direct moon light will cleanse, charge and enhance the elements in your stone. Make sure you grab your crystals before sunrise to ensure the beautiful moon light properties.
6. Sun light: You can leave your crystals Up to 24 hours, sunlight helps rebalances the yin-yang in your crystals. (Be mindful with Citrine and Amethyst, direct sunlight can cause discoloration overtime.)
7. Sound: With sound, it creates a sonic vibration that shakes off negative energy. For example you can use a singing bowl, chimes, chanting, music, manifestations, Good intentions, etc.
8. Yourself: Yep! I said it, yourself: Using good intentions, manifestations, in a meditation or breathing exercises are other great ways to cleanse your crystals. Simply hold your crystals in the palms of your hands or lay them on your chakras if you are laying down. I always recommend if you are doing this type of cleansing that you are alone and away from outside noise to ensure you get the max potential.